HONOR THE MAGIC AND ART OF STORYTELLING
Join me for a soul nourishing painting experience while we create a video documentary to share our collective stories centered around the theme of transformation.
When: November 7-11, 2018
Where: Lavender Hill Farm on Vashon Island, Washington
Our shared story unfolds organically during our time together as we reflect, write, paint, and celebrate in a community of supportive and loving women. Art projects, imagery and special activities are designed around the theme of transformation.
This is truly a creative project in action. We CO-CREATE this entire experience together. It is a journey into the unknown, where the magic lies. It is saying YES to taking creative risks, where the transformation happens. It is following the call of your wild spirit, where your soul awakens.
- 3 full days of painting instruction and creative activities from Carrie Schmitt.
- 4 days and 3 nights at a beautiful home on a romantic Lavender Farm in Vashon Island, WA
- A video documentary professionally filmed and edited by Michael Sladek
- Delicious and healthy breakfast, lunch, snacks, and tea/coffee
- Writing prompts and guidance to create your personal narrative for personal and business purposes
- Special Circle Discussions and Brainstorming Sessions to Jumpstart Your Dreams
- Daily creative Movement and Embodied Yoga practice (optional)
- Goddess Portrait Session (great for business or personal use)
- Special rituals and celebrations to nurture and replenish your mind, body and soul
- Cruise and spend time in Rosie the Art Bus
- A swag bag from Carrie with her art goodies
Note: Participants are responsible for transportation to and from the retreat.
Dinners are not included, but there are lovely options to dine out, order in or cook.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Wednesday: Arrive, Unpack, Meet and Greet, Opening Ceremony
Thursday: Painting and Writing Sessions, Explore a Vashon Destination in the Evening
Friday: Filming and Painting, Explore Vashon
Saturday: Filming and Painting, Special Rose Ceremony, Goddess Portrait Sessions
Sunday: Pack, Share Art and Reflection, Closing Ceremony (Filmed)
THE PAINTING AND VIDEO EXPERIENCE:
Find your wild joy as we paint gorgeous expressive flowers and enjoy the special bond of women creating together. We will enjoy painting, music, movement, reflection, and sisterhood together that will refresh our creativity and rejuvenate our souls. We will paint in a way that frees us from inhibition and lets us enjoy the process of creating.
Carrie shares many tips and techniques, including how to…
- Infuse your unique spirit into each painting
- Use painting and creativity in the healing process
- Develop and nurture your own signature style.
- Be inspired by other art without copying
- Allow the painting to emerge with ease
- Overcome feeling stuck
- Find design inspiration in unlikely places
- Let joy guide your creative process
You are the art. YOU. Create a brilliant light-filled wondrous life and watch the beauty spill over onto the canvas. Creativity loves motion. It doesn’t thrive in caution and safety and stagnancy and being closed off. It likes the edges. The expansion.
Lavender Hill Farm looks out over Quartermaster Harbor, lovely gardens with over 1500 lavender plants with views of Mount Rainier and the Cascade Mountain Range.. The house is bright and cheerful in rain or shine, with almost an acre of gardens, walking distance to coffee and general store, on the bus line and away from it all.
The entire house is ours – six guest rooms, three baths on three levels, a large double living room, separate dining room and gourmet kitchen with six burner stove, three ovens – a true cooks kitchen. There is a second refrigerator in the daylight basement. The home has WIFI, three televisions, gas fireplace, charcoal grill and seating for 12 guests on the farmhouse porch.
Lavender Hill Farm sits on the Burton hill, overlooking the little town of Burton. We are a 5 minute walk to the beach, 10 minutes to kayaking and paddle boarding and a 12 minute drive to the town of Vashon, with shops, restaurants, the best Quilt Shop ever, the Farmers Market and more. Vashon is known for its biking and hiking and all the guidebooks are in the house.
The entire house is ours, including 3/4 acre of gardens and lavender field, two car carport, 3 story house, wifi, tvs, tennis rackets, games and a full kitchen.
ABOUT VASHON, WASHINGTON:
Dreamy Vashon Island is located in the heart of Puget Sound, a short and breathtaking ferry ride from Seattle. This artsy and eclectic island is known for its scenic natural beauty, pastoral land, bohemian culture and arts scene, and slow paced lifestyle that makes you feel like you are stepping back into another era when life was less rushed. The people pride themselves on being friendly and relaxed and consider their little island to be “heaven on earth.” Lavender farms, unique farm to table eateries, quaint shops, and beautiful beaches with views of majestic Mount Rainier make Vashon a destination for local Seattleites, tourists and creatives from near and far who are seeking romance, inspiration, and a return to the simple pleasures of life that stir the soul.