JOYFUL BLOOMS WITH CATHY + CARRIE
Join Cathy Nichols and Carrie Schmitt for a Celebration of Art and Sisterhood.
WHEN: July 19-23, 2023
WHERE: House of Miracles,
Space is limited to 10 participants.
Sign up early to reserve your spot!
Early bird price: $1995
Regular price: $2250
*Cost is non-refundable unless someone else takes your place. There is a $150 cancellation fee that is retained if someone fills your spot.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Learn how to create stunning floral art with supportive guidance from start to finish from two professional artists with a combined total of 34 years of painting experience
- Create your own collage papers
- Learn to use acrylic paint and mixed media materials to create joyful art
- Move past creative “blocks” and resistance
- Learn what it means to paint intuitively and how to do it
- Explore techniques and prompts to create vibrant soulful art
- Learn how to use design elements to guide your process
- Find joy in the creative process instead of stress
- Ask questions about the creative process and business (we’ve almost done it all!)
- Surround yourself with inspiring women in beautiful community
- Give yourself a much-deserved getaway to nurture your mind, body, and spirit
- A dreamy gondola ride in Gig Harbor that includes a tour and serenade in Italian by the gondolier
- A tour of the scenic and historic Lakewold Gardens to inspire your artwork
- Continental breakfast, lunch, snacks, tea, and coffee are provided. Dinner on Saturday evening is also provided.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
As you paint, you will receive individual and personalized guidance from both Cathy and Carrie. You’ll also have access to Cathy and Carrie’s favorite printmaking tools, stencils, and fun mark-making implements.
On Saturday evening, we will have a special celebration together.
Wednesday is a travel day to unpack, settle in and rest. In the evening at 5pm we will gather for an Opening Circle + Meet & Greet. Food and beverages will be provided.
Thursday thru Saturday we will paint in the morning and afternoon with lunch in between.
There will be free time in the evenings with optional outings that include a gondola ride and exploring the nearby charming town of Gig Harbor.
Saturday evening we have our Goddess Celebration and share a meal together.
Sunday is our Closing Circle + Share. There will be time to pack and say goodbyes. We should be finished by 11am.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
House of Miracles is Carrie’s home and an artist bed and breakfast that can accommodate 4 guests. If you would like to stay at HoM, book your reservation early. Participants not staying at HoM can book a hotel or AirBnb nearby.
Stay at House of Miracles: Only 2-3 spots available. If you would like to stay on-site at House of Miracles. Single Room: $795: Shared Room: $650 per person.
*Prices are non-refundable unless someone else takes your place
REFUND POLICY & FAQs
Your registration is non-refundable unless someone fills your spot. If we are able to fill your spot, you will be refunded minus a $150 cancellation fee.
We recommend getting travel insurance in case for any reason the retreat is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances.
What Guests Are Saying:
“Thank you Carrie and Cathy for the most wonderful experience!
Not only did I learn so much but it was in an atmosphere of joy and acceptance. I loved all the support from both of you and all the talented women! I definitely look forward to attending another one in the future!”
“The Joyful Blooms retreat was a most magical event. It was beyond my expectations for my first painting workshop.
Wonderful, nurturing instructors, perfect class size for individual instruction, opportunity to foster new friendships, and of course, painting florals!
The retreat is a joyful experience from beginning to end as art and friendships bloom over the weekend. This retreat was medicine for my soul and was absolutely the BEST for learning, laughing and lifting each art sister up.”.
“It was amazing witnessing two talented artists,
who approach creating in very different ways, join forces. The result was a weekend of gorgeous art, fun fellowship, laughter and most importantly, JOY!”