JOYFUL BLOOMS WITH CATHY + CARRIE
Join Cathy Nichols and Carrie Schmitt for a Celebration of Art and Sisterhood.
WHEN: January 20-22, 2023
WHERE: Asheville, North Carolina
(in the home and studio of artist Alena Hennessy)
Space is limited to 10 participants.
Sign up early to reserve your spot!
Early bird price: $1695 (Early Bird sale ends Dec 1st)
Regular price: $1800
*Prices are non-refundable unless someone else takes your place
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Learn how to create stunning floral art with supportive guidance from start to finish from two professional artists with a combined total of 34 years of painting experience
- Create your own collage papers
- Learn to use acrylic paint and mixed media materials to create joyful art
- Move past creative “blocks” and resistance
- Learn what it means to paint intuitively and how to do it
- Explore techniques and prompts to create vibrant soulful art
- Learn how to use design elements to guide your process
- Find joy in the creative process instead of stress
- Ask questions about the creative process and business (we’ve almost done it all!)
- Surround yourself with inspiring women in beautiful community
- Give yourself a much-deserved getaway to nurture your mind, body, and spirit
WHAT TO EXPECT:
As you paint, you will receive individual and personalized guidance from both Cathy and Carrie. You’ll also have access to Cathy and Carrie’s favorite printmaking tools, stencils, and fun mark-making implements.
On Saturday evening, we will have a special celebration together.
Saturday: 9:30am – 5:00pm (with lunch break)
Sunday: 9:30am – 5:00pm (with lunch break)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
Meals, housing, and art supplies (a list will be sent after registration)
Alena’s home is in the beautiful Asheville area! It’s 15 minutes from town in Alena’s favorite nature area, plus you can walk to a fresh-pressed cider bar/little restaurant in a barn! The whole downstairs is an art studio with a fireplace and separate entrance. The backyard is huge, with an amazing little deck area, fire pit, and plank double-swing.
If you are flying, you will want to fly into either the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL), or Charlotte, NC (CLT) which is 2 hours away, or Greenville, SC (GSP) which is an hour and 20 minutes away. After registering, please message us and we can suggest places to stay.
REFUND POLICY & FAQs
Your registration is non-refundable unless there is a waitlist and somebody takes your spot or you find someone to fill it.
We recommend getting travel insurance in case for any reason the retreat is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances.