Altars are designated spaces to honor what is sacred.
CLASS OPENS APRIL 15TH at 9am PST.
This is self-paced and pre-recorded. You have lifetime access.
YOU CAN BEGIN COLLECTING YOUR COLLAGE AND ALTAR MATERIALS NOW!
topics covered include
- Where to get a box or draw for your mini-altar
- How to paint an altar
- How to collage and use mixed media materials
- How to choose a theme for your altar
- How to come up with meaningful altar objects
- How to write a blessing for your altar
- Where Carrie sources her favorite mixed media materials, including ribbons and decorative papers
- An opportunity to share the story behind your altar in a LIVE Zoom celebration!
A FEW NOTES
- Altar boxes can hold our beloved memories, spiritual symbols, and treasured intentions.
- You can choose a specific theme to fill this space, such as family, dreams/goals, devotion, creativity, or gratitude. The possibilities are endless!
- Your altar can be anything you want it to be! It might be an honoring, a celebration, or a reminder about where you want to direct your energy and attention.
A complete supply list is available upon registration, but here are a few of the main materials needed:
- A shadow box or a deep drawer. I often use 2.5 deep cradle wood panel available online. (Links to purchase in classroom.)
- Collage materials such as decorative papers, photographs, book pages, postcards, letters, and more.
I loved making this altar so much!!
It allowed me to create something special and personal in honor of my creative spirit. I got the chance to incorporate many of the wonderful materials I’ve collected over the years but rarely use. Every time I see it in my studio it reminds me of the importance of honoring what we love. It centers and inspires me.
I went to Carrie’s retreat to focus on healing from the loss of my 28 year old son Joseph, 28, eight years after losing my older son, Jeff. My heart was totally broken.
Making the altar was the highlight of my retreat. It allowed me to reflect the most important people in my life and create those memories in a sacred space.
I put a picture of my two boys in the altar. It warmed my heart. My two most creative and loving sisters are also there to remind that there is nothing precious than the family we have on this earth.
I love Carrie’s online classes. She honors every single student as an artist from Day One.
Carrie provided thoughtful feedback and cheered us on every step of the way. I could not recommend Carrie’s online class offerings enough. As an online instructor for the last five years, I set the bar very high for online course offerings. Carrie exceeded all of my expectations. She is inspirational.