CREATE ABSTRACT FLORAL ART AND HAVE IT MADE INTO DIGITAL PATTERNS FOR PRINTED PRODUCTS!
Join Carrie Schmitt and Moksha Marquardt for a one of a kind workshop experience in their magical home in the Pacific Northwest!
In this workshop you will:
- Create original expressive floral art guided by Carrie’s joyful and stress-free painting process (No painting experience required.)
- Work one on one with Moksha in Photoshop to turn your artwork into a repeat pattern to create textiles, wallpaper, gift wrap, journals, pillows or any other product you’d like to have your art on!
- Learn where and how to print your art on products online through various companies.
Additionally, you will enjoy…
- Healing and restorative qualities of nature at Carrie and Moksha’s unique home, which sits on 11 acres of lush green woods at the foothills of the Cascade mountains. To find out more about our home visit woodspiritartistrefuge.com
- Delicious, fresh and healthy homemade lunch and snacks.
- Connect with a community of artistic souls through art-making and other activities such as an evening campfire and more.
- Optional meditation and yoga classes.
Dates: Date: Friday, September 6th – Sunday, September 8LEARN MORE
JOIN ME FOR A UNIQUE PRIVATE PAINTING SESSION AND A FULL DAY OF INSPIRATION AND ADVENTURE WITH ME ON ROSIE THE ART BUS.
We can custom tailor this special experience for you, but the following is the general offering:
What to expect
- A private painting session on the bus with me. I will share how I create a painting from start to finish. We will both paint our own paintings. Creating a collaborative painting for you to keep is also an option.
- Simple daily practices that help me find my creative flow.
- Lunch at a park or charming café in Seattle or the surrounding area.
- Experience the joy and magic of my Single Rose Project as we give away roses to strangers.
- Explore a Seattle destination with an artist’s eye and find inspiration to incorporate into our paintings.
- An opportunity to ask me questions about anything related to art, such as the creative process, licensing, publishing books, submitting magazine articles, designing products, how to sell in galleries or online, and more!
- Two 24x24 canvases for you to work on and all paint supplies.
- Lots of people smiling and waving at Rosie and us!
- Photo memories of our special day together.
Cost: $1500 for an 8 hour private session.
Please note: Lunch and snacks are not included.
Please pack snacks and feel free to bring your favorite art supplies if you would like.
Optional offerings for an additional fee:
- Larger canvases to paint
- Purchase the painting I create that day
- Create and keep a collaborative painting made with me
- A 60 minute private meditation and yoga session
- Extended day: $150 each additional hour
AWAKEN YOUR CREATIVE SPIRIT
This nourishing retreat combines the art techniques and projects from the Wild Joy Blooms workshop with additional activities and surprises that nurture our mind, body and spirits.
By creating this beautiful and powerful energy together, we step into our creative power. This allows our unique expression to flow more effortlessly onto the canvas.
Optional Wild Goddess Portrait Session is available and a photographer is present at times throughout the retreat to capture the magic that happens when women gather.
This offering includes yoga/dance movement appropriate for all levels and physical abilities. The highlight is a special rose ceremony that honors each woman as the creative goddess that you are. We encourage you to wear flowy goddess attire and treat yourself as art because…
You are the art. YOU. Create a brilliant light-filled wondrous life and watch the beauty spill over onto the canvas. Creativity loves motion. It doesn’t thrive in caution and safety and stagnancy and being closed off.
It likes the edges. The expansion.
Dates: TBACOMING SOON
I recently attended one of Carrie’s workshops and found it remarkable in the way it transformed the way I think about my work – I can now say that I know what it is like to truly paint from my heart and soul. If you are looking for a way to loosen up, develop your own style, and paint truly from a place of joy and childlike freedom, consider painting with Carrie…the energy and support of fellow painters in the group was an amazing as well – the whole experience was just wonderful.”
IMMERSE YOURSELF IN INSPIRATION
Join us on this once in a lifetime painting adventure in one of the most captivating cities in the world.
Provence, a region in southeastern France bordering Italy and the Mediterranean Sea, is known for its diverse landscapes, from the Southern Alps and Camargue plains to rolling vineyards, olive groves, pine forests and lavender fields. To the south is the Côte d’Azur (or French Riviera), where the elegant city of Nice and glamorous resort towns such as Saint-Tropez and Cannes line the coast.
With cameras and sketchbooks in hand, Carrie will share how to find inspiration everywhere you look. We will take in all the sensual treasures Provence has to offer and incorporate the unique energy of this artistic city into our paintings. After gathering inspiration from our excursions, Carrie shares how to translate your inspiration into tangible form and expression on canvas. Her method might surprise you! We will discuss the work of our favorite French artists and incorporate elements of their work with our own unique twist into our art as well to create a truly unique masterpiece. This is truly a creative immersion into all that France embodies, including love, beauty and romance. We will find new ways to express these qualities in our artwork in a way that only the seductive city of Provence can inspire.
As we practice intuitive painting, Carrie will share how she paints her expressive flowers, as well as women’s faces and figures. A variety of painting projects and prompts will be provided and demonstrated.
This experience includes a balance of painting and exploring to serve our art, as well as our own personal enjoyment. Optional two day Paris excursion includes Monet’s Garden at Giverny, the famous Paris flea markets, Parc de Bagatelle, Sennelier art shop, museums, and opportunities for you to choose your outings.
Check back for dates.
Get on the wait list by emailing carrie[at]carrieschmittdesign[dot]com
Three years ago, I was down in the dumps with a health crisis. I lost the urge to paint. No interest, because there was no joy. One day I heard about an intuitive painting technique taught by Carrie Schmitt. It seemed more approachable, liberating and totally different than my usual ways. My interest was peaked, and I had nothing to lose. I tried it and this happy piece of lightness came to be, despite the darkness. So began my healing and return to art. I discovered that there was still beauty inside me and the joy was just buried temporarily. #choosehope #grateful.”
CELEBRATE YOUR CREATIVE BLESSING
Join us in this loving celebration of the special (and sometimes complex) bond between mothers and daughters. Designed for moms and daughters ages 13-18.
We will create a peaceful and welcoming space to gather and paint, write, share stories, sing, dance, and create memories that will last a lifetime. This is an opportunity for women of all ages to experience the power of coming together to create beauty in our lives.
In our busy world, it is easy to forget to take time to be together with our attention full on one another. It’s easy to slip into the daily routine where we sometimes take one another for granted and focus on the small stuff. Take time to slow down and savor the beautiful women you are in a nurturing and nourishing environment.
Bring an open heart and don’t forget your flowy goddess attire for a special ceremony.
A professional photographer will capture special moments and will be available for mother/daughter photo shoots.
Sign up for the wait list here.
I’ve attended many art and spiritual workshops over the years, but never have I attended one that combined both of what I love in one experience. This divine workshop not only taught me many new art skills to add to my creative practice, but more importantly taught me MANY ways to look at my work in progress. THANK YOU Carrie for such a worthwhile and life changing weekend.”
MIXED MEDIA PATTERN PLAY WORKSHOP
Join artisan Wendy Conklin of Chair Whimsy and expressionist painter Carrie Schmitt for a day of creative inspiration and art-making in beautiful Austin, Texas on Sunday, March 31, 2019.
Enjoy a special luncheon where Wendy and Carrie answer your questions about art, running a creative business, and everything in between! This event is FREE (lunch not included).
After, stay for Whimsical Chairs: A Mixed Media Pattern Play Workshop.
Carrie will guide you through the joyful and stress-free process of mixed media collage and painting.
By playing with patterns, you will create a mixed media painting of a whimsical chair and floral expressionist scene.
At the end of the workshop, you will have your very one one of a kind original piece of art! More importantly, you will find joy in the creative process and in spending the day with other inspiring souls. Together we will create magical art and a magical environment, memories!
Please note: Some supplies, including a canvas panel, will be provided. An additional list will be sent upon registration.